Brian D. Haworth, Psy.D., is a licensed Clinical Psychologist that has a passion for working with teens, couples, and adults that are feeling stuck in their lives. Whether it is through therapy, psychological assessment, or a mix of the two, Brian is ready to help you move towards greater health and sense of purpose.
Top 12 Things You Should Know About Brian
Brian earned his doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Wheaton College in 2004.
- He has been licensed as a Psychologist with Health Services Provider designation in Tennessee since 2005.
- Brian was the Vice-President and Clinical Director for Highlands Professional Group between 2008 -2014.
- Prior to that, he was on faculty with the Vanderbilt Dept. of Psychiatry.
- Brian founded First Light Counseling and Psychological Services in 2014, feeling a call to serve in his hometown community of Franklin/Brentwood.
- He has been very influenced by the work of Drs. Larry Crabb and Dan Allender; both of whom he studied under while earning a Master's Degree in Counseling from Colorado Christian University in 1996.
- He has been blessed to walk through the ups and downs of life with his amazing wife, Brenda, for over 20 years.
- Brian is the father of three sons; all of whom have taught him more than any amount of schooling.
- He is a member of Christ Community Church in Franklin, and is so thankful for the community of grace that he finds there.
- Favorite Music: tie between U2 and Wilco
- Favorite Movie: three-way tie between It's a Wonderful Life, The Shawshank Redemption, and What About Bob?
- Brian feels humbled by the privilege of hearing and participating in the stories of his clients. He knows that every one of them have an amazing story that has been preparing them for their unique purpose and call in life.